Effective February 27, 2017, the share classes offered and/or fees paid by certain of our Funds are being restructured to better align with the needs of our investors. These changes may affect the amount of fees you will pay as an investor. Please review the Fund's prospectus for details.
Fund Facts (as of 3/31/2017)
||Emerging Markets Growth
||MSCI Emerging Markets Index (Net)
||Trilogy Global Advisors, LP
|Fund Net Assets:
Share Class Facts
(Gross / Net)
|1.44% / 1.44%
Initial / Subsequent
|$2,000 / $100
|Minimum IRA Investment:
Initial / Subsequent
|$1,000 / $100
|Maximum Sales Charges:
Prior to October 1, 2016, the Fund’s N shares were known as Investor shares.
Prior to October 1, 2016, the Fund’s I shares were known as Service shares.
Prior to October 1, 2016, the Fund’s Z shares were known as Institutional shares.
Learn more about share classes offered by AMG Funds.
The Fund generally invests at least 80% of its net assets in common and preferred stock of companies located in emerging market countries. The Fund's portfolio will normally allocate its investments across different countries to total approximately 60 to 120 securities. To gain exposure to foreign investments, the Fund may also invest in ADRs (American Depositary Receipts), GDRs (Global Depositary Receipts) and other depositary receipts of non-U.S. issuers. Trilogy, the Fund's subadvisor, uses a bottom-up investment process driven by fundamental research, applying the following core principles to identify investments for the portfolio:
- Earnings growth drives equity returns over the long term
- Early-stage and traditional growth companies provide the greatest opportunity
- Risk management, with respect to the Fund's portfolio, should focus on avoiding losing money, rather than minimizing tracking error against the benchmark
- A disciplined investment process requires consistently identifying opportunities, evaluating potential returns and responding with timely buy/sell decisions
Where This Fund Fits As Part Of Your Asset Allocation
The Fund may be appropriate as part of your overall investment allocation if you are:
- Looking to gain exposure to emerging market equity investments
- Seeking potential capital appreciation
- Willing to accept short-term volatility of returns
Investors should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. For this and other information, please call 800.835.3879 or download a free prospectus. Read it carefully before investing or sending money.
A short-term redemption fee of 2% will be charged on shares held for less than 60 days.